The United States Capitol is among the most symbolically important and architecturally impressive
buildings in the Nation. It has housed the meeting chambers of the House of Representatives and the Senate for two centuries. Started in 1793, the building has been through many
construction phases. It stands today as a monument to the American people and their government; its design, derived from ancient Greece and Rome, evokes ideals that guided the nation’s founders
as they framed their new republic.
The cornerstone was laid by President Washington in 1783. Initial work progressed under the
direction of three architects. The north wing was completed for the first session of Congress in 1800. In 1803, the south wing was completed. British troops set fire to the building
in 1814, during the War of 1812. The building was restored and the chambers of the Senate, House, and Supreme Court were ready for use by 1819. By 1850, the Capitol could no longer
accommodate the increasing numbers of senators and representatives and thus was extended. In 1856, the old dome was removed and work began on a replacement with a new, fireproof cast-iron
dome. Construction was suspended in 1861 so that the Capitol could be used as a military barracks, hospital and bakery during the Civil War. However, in 1862, construction resumed,
because Lincoln believed that the Capitol must go on, just as the Union must go on. Work on the dome and extensions was completed in 1868, although the 20th century brought even
further changes, especially in strengthening, renovating and preserving the building.
The bronze Statue of Freedom is the crowning feature of the dome of the Capitol. She is a
classical figure of freedom wearing flowing draperies, resting upon the hilt of a sword and holding a laurel wreath of victory and the shield of the United States with 13 stripes. Her helmet is
encircled by stars and features a crest composed of an eagle’s head, feathers, and talons, a reference to Native American costume. She stands on a cast-iron globe encircled with the national
motto, E Pluribus Unum. She stands 19.5 ft. tall and weighs about 15,000 pounds. Her crest rises 288 feet above the east front plaza of the Capitol.
Sculptor Thomas Crawford was commissioned to design the statue in 1855; she was finally completed
and installed on the Capitol dome in 1863. In 1993, after almost 130 years in place, the statue was removed for restoration and reinstalled in honor of the bicentennial of the
In a dictation of November 23, 1975, Ascended Master Saint Germain said of the Statue, “I select
the monument, the focal point for the enshrining of freedom, and I place that focus of freedom in the heart of America, in the very heart chakra of the Goddess of Freedom over the Capitol building of
the United States.” (Source: The Greater Way of Freedom, The Summit Lighthouse, 1976, pp. 9, 42).
On July 6, 1963, in Washington, DC, Ascended Master Omri-Tas
announced: “Magnificent violet fire angels from Saint Germain’s own band have volunteered to blaze a path through cosmic highways toward the earth planet and to
focus it, beloved ones, upon your nation’s capital…The charge of violet fire shall utilize the Capitol dome as an electrode and it shall radiate out as from a great hub throughout the entire planet
known as Earth. Every chela (disciple) of (Ascended Master) Saint Germain upon this planet shall be blessed with the radiation which we shall pour forth…To complete
our great experiment of light we shall now form beautiful, magnificent spheres of violet flame, and we are going to roll them down this cosmic highway in much the manner of a bowler attempting to
knock down bowling pins. But we shall hit our mark. There are 144,000 of these spheres. Each one of the priests of the sacred fire here has one in command….For the next 12 hours
there shall be a continual release, spaced by cosmic law, of violet flame from this planet.” These spheres, visible to the physical sight, were seen by the Messengers and students in the sky
over Washington following the dictation. (Source: Peals of Wisdom, Book II, Vol. 34/65, 12/15/91, The Summit Lighthouse, 1988, p. 682).
The Ascended Master Lanello later came back to reference these spheres with the following
comments: “The violet planet is accelerated into another vibration, higher than that of Earth. And thus you see how that momentum could draw up this planet into her rightful place.
For Earth’s destiny [in this solar system] is to be Freedom’s Star…the star of the Seventh Ray and the Seventh Age. This is precisely the purpose of Omri-Tas’ coming
in Washington, DC, many years ago, releasing [the resurging power of the violet flame focused in the Nation’s Capitol and] violet flame spheres which were physically visible in the skies. It
was to contact [chelas (disciples) of Ascended Master Saint Germain and the seventh dispensation] and to increase the desire for freedom and the violet flame.” (Source: Pearls of Wisdom,
Vol. 31/86, 12/24/88, The Summit Lighthouse).